Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Marriage Tag

1. When was your "engagement" anniversary?
Andrew proposed to me on April 30th, 2004

2. When is your "marriage" anniversary?
We were married on Friday, Ausgust 13,2004. We just celebrated 5 wonderful years!

3. How long have you known your spouse?
We met on December 17,2003

4. How long did you date before you were married?
We started dating about 2 weeks after we met, and knew we were getting married by the beginning of February. All in all we had been together about 8 months when we got married.

5. Where did you meet your spouse for the 1st time?
Funny story .... I was working at America West airlines in their reservation department at the time and was kinda given no option but to go out with my co-worker Sam. I knew that Sam really liked me and I had no romantic interest in him, I tried and tried to make as un-date like as possible, but he wasn't having it. The day of our "date" his friend, Ben (who happened to be Andrew's best friend) asked us if we wanted to go with him and a few others, Andrew included to see the Lord of the Rings movie. I really didn't know Ben nor did I really care for Lord of the Rings, but I immediately said YES as this would help make this more like Sam & I were just hanging out. Well, long story short Andrew and I ended up sitting next to each other during the movie and really hit it off. It took us both 2 weeks of begging Ben to give each person the other's phone number and we've been together ever since!

6. What is your spouse's full name?
Andrew Philip Buchholz

7. Do you have any children yet?
Yes!

8. How many?
Landon who is almost 20 months and full of energy, & we're expecting Macy at the end of October!

9. Do you have any pets?
Nope

10. Do you own a house or rent?
Given the economy, I wish we were renting but nope we own our home. I guess you could say we own our home even though we're completely upside down in it! Yikes!

11. Do you live in the country or town/city?
I'd say Queen Creek is a town

12. What is one of your favorite activites together?
Before Landon came along - we loved to go to the batting cages or play softball/baseball
Since Landon's arrived - anything as along as we're all together!

13. Do you have a favorite vacation spot?
We love the DC area but still searching for the perfect place

14. How many sibling do each of you have?
I have a sister & brother and Andrew has 1 brother

15. What church do you attend?
We're LDS

16. Where were you married?
The Wright House in Mesa, AZ

17. What town is your current address at?
Queen Creek, AZ

18. Do you work or stay at home?
Well I only work part time as a hairstylist and I get to spend the majority of my time with our little boy!

19. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
Hmmm ..... another interesting story! We were young and poor at the time and decided we'd be cheap and go up to my grandparents cabin for the week and see the Grand Canyon and other AZ landmarks. However the day before the wedding my grandma informed my dad her and my grandpa were planning on being up at the cabin too! Yikes! Trying to save my parents some money, I found a nice beach house in Rocky Point, Mexico and once we had paid and picked up the key we found out there was no air conditioning! No good in August in Mexico! Long story short, we were also in the wrong part of Rocky point and walked in to the beach house at about 250 degrees around 6pm. We tried to open the windows and let it cool off but everytime you walked inside, you were drenched in sweat. We didn't want to venture through rocky point to find some place for the night and decided to head for the border before it closed! On our way, we were stoped by the Mexican police armed with machine guns and made us evacuate and searched our car, saw a horse run across the highway and stayed awake by counting the mice that ran across the road and hoping we didn't hit all of them! But we made it to the border before it closed and spent the week at our new condo and enjoyed each other! Someday, we'll take a real honeymoon!

20. Leave a piece of advice for other couples?
Always be open with each other, about everything. Don't go to bed angry with one another.

2 comments:

Our family said...

I totally love that I have little stories to go along with almost each of your answers. =) It's fun knowing someone that well!!

I still remember learning about your Grandparents plan and how they thought it would be perfectly fine to share the cabin with the newlyweds on their honeymoon!!! Haha... mortification time!!!

Butler Family said...

I'm glad you decided to do thus.I got it from a friend and thought it would be so fun to do. It brings back some amazing memories doesn't it?